miércoles, 17 de agosto de 2016

Some thoughts about Green Arrow #5

Who is on Green Arrow's side?

Oliver believes that Emiko has betrayed him but there might be more than meets the eye here. Now, he will need to find the truth behind this whole organization.

I... I swear that I'm trying to understand how this story, characters and Ben Percy's head works but is just so, so IMPOSSIBLE!

Okay, the first thing that you will notice, as usual, is how terrible the dialogue is. The characters continue to speak in unnatural ways with each one of them saying at least one ridiculous line. I think that Shado gets the biggest prize here though, I swear to God that every frikking thing that comes out of her mouth is something that not even people in mental institutions would find logical. Worst of all is that we're supposed to find this stupid phrases PROFOUND.

Worse than that though, is the characterization and believe me, to be worse than this dialogue is quite the achievement.

Remember how I said that Ben Percy better be preparing a pretty damn good explanation for Emiko's change of character but I wasn't expecting much?

Well, I was right on the money by not expecting much but still, this is quite underwhelming and unrealistic even with my low expectations. It turns out that she was always contacting Shado and the rest of her clan when she was living along with Ollie and needed to choose a side, and so she created this elaborately stupid plan of following her mother and helping Ollie at the same time.

Let's say that I can buy this, let's say that I understand why Emiko did this (which I assume is because she wanted to infiltrate the Ninth Circle because is not really well-explained in the story itself), this is still a pretty dumb idea due that she did more damage than anything else! She DID almost kill Oliver, she DID hurt Dinah and to be honest, she just made things much more complicated than if she simply would have helped Ollie in the first place. Scratch that, I think things would have gone better if she would have stayed at home doing nothing.

And even after that, after that ridiculous explanation, Ollie simply buys it like nothing actually happened. He's all like: "Eh, who cares if you almost killed me and made things worse? We're family! Come here you jokester! *hugs*". Any real person would find someone who does this hard to trust again. Then again, there are no real persons here.

I'm not a fan of how Dinah is portrayed mostly useless and bipolar here either. Slapping Oliver for the most ridiculous reason and then just kissing him.

Good things? As usual, the art. Juan Ferreyra's artwork has a lot of style and is particularly good at depicting action scenes and distinct environments.

Other than that? I think I already said enough.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario